Tuesday 26 January 2016

Today's Progress

I focused on refining the save system today, mostly making sure the "Restart" system works properly (it previously stored all the stats you gained before restarting), and ditching the old save-at-will system with an autosave system - I was afraid that if players could save at will, they could easily just revert their choices. The game also has a new starting passage that's empty except for the purpose of checking if there's a saved game, and loading it if there is - if there isn't a saved game, it will take you back to the start screen. I still need to tweak it so it works properly, since as of now it always loads your saved games - even if you restarted.

The loading isn't much of a problem, since once you move past the intro page it autosaves and takes care of the problem. It's just a small bug that I'll fix later on.

I also released a demo video, which shows off the basic features of the game as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment